Thursday, September 20, 2012

manmade


woman made will have to do today!

my Mum embroidered this beautiful tablecloth for me many years ago...
I received it in the post, had no idea what was in it...
she had seen the design and knew that I loved blue wrens, so did it for me as a surprise...

I don't use it very often as it is a treasured piece, as Mum is no longer with us...
I admire her beautiful stitching, so neat...the back is almost as good as the front!
I think this is probably where I get my passion for stitching from...
thank you Mum!

Julz

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh be still my heart... just beautiful... these little wrens are nesting here at the moment... just too sweet and they are surprisingly noisy... but sweet noise!
Hugz

Lida said...

Love it! Your Mam had golden hands! A real treasure! Hugs
Lida

quilterliz said...

G'day Julz. Just stunning. What a beautiful reminder of your mum.Take care. Liz...

Enchanted Moments said...

Beautiful piece to keep ....