Friday, November 12, 2010

Wow...



I've had a wonderful day today!
the sun is shining (along with the clouds and the wind!),
I've just come back from seeing Theodora Cleave aka Barb Smith at Stitch 'n' Patch in Lilydale.
I took Robyn along for the ride when I ran into her as I was about to leave,
so we had a good old chin wag on the quick journey down...
spent almost an hour down there chatting to Barb...

(what an inspirational, kind and generally lovely lady!)

I purchased a bird brooch and the pears and just as we were about to leave,
Barb gave me the brooch on the right...

how lucky am I?

Thank you Barb,
each time I meet you, you inspire me more.
Your designs are just gorgeous!
I wish I could purchase them all.

(forgot the camera, so you will just have to believe me that it was just lovely...all those buttons to touch and feel and admire, all the little button stories Barb has stitched, and some very interesting ways of using her buttons on boxes, stockings, trees...endless ways!)

And this gorgeous girl arrived from this lovely lady today for YD!

Lida very kindly made one for YD, as she liked the one sent to me in our recent swap.
Here they are together...

Fanny and Fritz.

(didn't realise until I popped these photos up, they look like they are in a pond)

Looks like there is more rain on the way this weekend...
wish we could get some nice sunny days on the weekend instead!
so it's about time to get my SSCS parcel finished cos posting time is almost here...

I've been stalking my partner and hope that what I have made will fit into her home...
I think it will, cos she is a bit like me in taste...
off to stitch, err make!!!!
have a good weekend...
come back tomorrow as I'm posting some of my cross stitches along with Chookyblue and quite a few others!
should be fun

cheers Julz

2 comments:

Lida said...

How fun those two together! I think it is a good pair now! Love your little bird brooch and the other one, you are indeed a lucky girl!!Greetings
Lida

Chookyblue...... said...

oh yes get your SSCS finished.......LOL.........can';t wait to see what you have to show in your cross stitches.....