Friday, October 22, 2010

Friends Swap

today the postie was very kind to me...
he delivered my fabric from the USA (which I'll show you in another post)
and
my friends swap parcel from Lida.

(warning this post is long and picture heavy!)


inside the box were these beautifully wrapped very colourful parcels,
7 in total....

yes I did open each one starting with the F,
here they all are laid out...

F was for Frits Frog...isn't he just too cute?
he came complete with his own personal passport....
should of taken a pic of that! derr

these ones were S for sunnies case for Spring and I for inspiration....

N was next...this beautiful blue bottle is actually an antique needle case
(for want of the proper word),
it's only about 2 3/4" tall and inside is.....

a thimble, and on the mouse stick you could possibly wrap some cotton and just under the mouse there are a couple of holes to hold your needles...
apparently from Lida's letter, the real one is in a London museum
(I'm going to google it later)

I just love everything in this box...
thank you to Lida for being a wonderful partner
and I hope that you enjoy your parcel once it arrives...
and thank you to Khris for organising this swap, she did a great job of matching up people...
I could not of asked or found a better one for myself....

Swaps are so much fun if everyone does the right thing and keep in contact with each other...
Lida and I had so much fun emailing each other and stalking each others blog to find out details...
and I think (well I know from Lidas parcel, I love what I received!) and I'm pretty sure that another online friendship has been started here.

Julz


PS
YD managed to steal all of the letters of the parcels (after they were opened) for her scrapbooking...she was very excited...and she almost got Frits too! but I managed to keep him for myself...cheeky devil she is.

3 comments:

May Britt said...

You got really nice gifts here. The frog is so cute.
Maybe I join this next time :)

Khris said...

wow isnt that a cool needlecase, and I am so jealous of those cute owls....well done girls..hugs Khris

Lida said...

Oh I am so happy that you like the things I send you!! And that everything arrived in good order! Well your parcel is not here yet, but as soon as it arrives I send you an e-mail! I also entered a pincushion swap and won a give-away, so the postman will come hopefully soon and bring me all these parcels!! Please enjoy the things and I wil keep on following you on your blog!! Hugs,
Lida